Blue Oak Transport LTD. Is a bonded company that has been a leader in the trucking industry for 20 years. We specialize in transporting dry vans and reefer shipments throughout Canada and The United States. We are the preferred carrier for the most recognizable organizations in North America. Our drivers are among the best in the industry and we take pride in providing our workforce with the support and attention that they deserve.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Responsibilities:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Accounts Payable Clerk Qualifications / Skills:
- Tracking budget expenses
- Attention to detail
- Analyzing information
- Vendor relationships
- PC proficiency
- Data entry skills
- General math skills
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
At Blue Oak Transport we want the best, so we pay the best! We offer the highest rates in the markets in which we operate to obtain and maintain the best in the Industry. At Blue Oak you are not an employee, your family!